The Garden Project of SW Colorado, The Moniker Foundation, and Paonia Soil Co. are teaming up to provide one lucky school or organization in La Plata County, CO with nine Smart Pod gardening totes, and the tools, supplies, hands-on support, and training to grow their own food.
Schools and organizations who serve individuals and families in need, that are interested in the opportunity to start a garden and who have the ability to impact and inspire others to do the same, are encouraged to apply.
To increase access to fresh food and gardens and to encourage more locally grown food in our community.
- Provide a reasonably flat space of adequate size (22 square feet) with 6+ hours of sun exposure for the new garden
- Provide water for irrigation throughout the growing season
- Attend an educational session with The Garden Project of SW CO and Paonia Soil Co. in May
- Communicate regularly with The Garden Project of SW CO on garden & volunteer needs, opportunities for
further educational programs, and seasonal garden results
- Be a school or organization located in La Plata County that seeks to serve an underserved population
- Incorporate an educational outreach plan in their projects
The winning organization or school will RECEIVE:
- (9) Smart Pod garden totes filled with The Bomb soil, (9) wooden pallets, irrigation supplies, plants, seeds, and tools
- On-site technical support and installation from our staff and volunteers
- An educational garden consultation
- Status as a Garden Project Network Garden and related benefits, including discounts at participating local garden stores
Garden installation in mid-May of 2018.
Applications are DUE no later than FRIDAY, APRIL 27th.
Application available online here.