I love this recipe as it is great for a main or side dish and you can use that bounty from your garden or the Farmers' Market for a really fresh meal! It can also be prepared on your outside grill, so no need to heat up the kitchen, unless it's date night ;)
- Patsy Walker
The recipe is from "Sheknows.com"
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1 clove of fresh pressed garlic
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
Creamy Green Chile Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of diced green chiles
- 1 tablespoon of diced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- A sprinkle of smoked paprika
- Wrap zucchini, carrots, and roasted red pepper in a damp paper towel and squeeze to eliminate as much excess liquid as possible. Add the vegetables to a large bowl with the bread crumbs, flour, garlic, eggs, and salt and pepper. Stir to combine. If it is too dry, add a bit of water. For the sauce add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and stir to combine. Set the sauce aside.
- Add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of a sauté pan and let it warm up. Form the zucchini mixture into small patties and place in the hot pan. Cook until each side is a golden brown. It will take approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Place the cooked cakes on a paper towl to soak up some of the excess oil.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of sauce on each cake.