Thanks for your interest in the Ohana Kuleana Community Garden. 2018 will be our 6th season.
Availability is given on a first come, first serve basis. If you would like to be added to the interest list please sign up below.
Vision: The Ohana Kuleana Community garden envisions healthy, abundant living through promoting organic growing to enhance a supportive community and sustainability for everyone.
Membership is open to anyone in La Plata County.
The garden is open to members from May 1 - October 31 annually.
To benefit and contribute to our supportive community, build relationships, and realize our vision, we have elected to increase gardener volunteer commitment in 2018:
4 volunteer hours/month total required for every plot. 4 hours will include joining a “neighborhood” group and joining a committee. Find out more about the new Team-Based Model for volunteer time.
- 2 Hours/month - general volunteer time (monthly workday or special project)
- 1 Hour/month - “Neighborhood” work time caring for berm close to plots (scheduled by small neighborhood group)
- 1 hour/month - Committee work scheduled by committee (can include meeting time and action time)
Due to increased water costs, we have raise dues to $80 per full plot
Membership fees are $80 per plot ($13.30/month!).
Resources available to members include protection offered by the deer-fence, water and the irrigation system, communal tools, port-a-john, Education Pavilion, benches, compost, discounted monthly workshops, and a great community to grow and learn with!
- Full Plot (approx. 150 sf) - $80 +4 hours/month of volunteer time
- Half Plot (approx. 75 sf) - $40 +4 hours/month of volunteer time
- Double Plot (approx. 300 sf) - $160 +4 hours/month of volunteer time
- Plot Scholarship - additional 2 hours/month of volunteer time
- Work Trade - 4 hours/month of volunteer time + 10 additional hours for each 75-150 sf plot
We have a limited number of scholarships available, you can also elect to fulfill your membership dues with a Work Trade.
(calculations are approximate and are not necessarily all rectangles)
All monies go towards the garden's projects, maintenance, and management.
Filling out the information below does NOT reserve your spot at OKCG. You will be contacted by a garden leader with more information about availability. Contact email@example.com
The garden will officially open to gardeners on May 1st. All members are REQUIRED TO ATTEND ORIENTATION MEETING SATURDAY APRIL 28, 2018 from 9 - 11 AM.