- Standard Plot (approx. 150 sf) - $75 +2 hours/month of volunteer time
NOTE: If you paid a deposit last year you owe $50 towards your plot. If you are not sure check with the Garden Manager before paying.
Note: If you have trouble with Paypal try clearing your browsing history. If that doesn't work open this page in another browser, Mozilla Firefox seems to work well.Donate
Gail Bedell wants to volunteer 2016-05-21 07:16:03 -0600
We joined our local time bank! Hour Exchange La Plata (HELP) - Learn more about how your volunteer time with The Garden Project can count towards hours you can exchange for other services.
Our 2018 Volunteer Opportunities are out!! Click here for a more in-depth description of what volunteering opportunities we have to offer.
Volunteers are an integral part of The Garden Project. Every year volunteers provide over 1,500 hours of time at our school and community gardens. Volunteers are welcome at upcoming garden days, community events, or are welcome to create their own volunteer opportunities. Always remember to check the website for cancellations (Colorado weather can cause some good intentions to change.) Organizations or groups who wish to volunteer should contact us directly to arrange a date.
Please comment below whether you are interested in:
- School Gardens (working with youth)
- Community Gardens (working with the general community)
- Food Security (working with food insecure families)
- Behind the scenes (ex: fundraising, grant writing, volunteer recruitment)
- Board of Directors (see our Board page here)
Please list any applicable skills you may have such as:
- Carpentry or Construction
- Education and Teaching
- Fundraising or Grant Writing
- Gardening or Agriculture
- Grant Writing
- Outreach or Marketing
- Special Events
- Program Development / Evaluation
Would you like to volunteer?
- In the gardens
- In the office
Gail Bedell signed up on 2016 OKCG Registration - Returning Members - Head Gardeners 2016-03-15 17:17:40 -0600
We are headed into our 4th season at the community garden!
The garden will officially open to gardeners Saturday, April 30th with a required orientation meeting for all members at 11am (please let me know if you cannot make it).
Membership fees are $75 per plot ($12.50/month!). Resources available to members include protection offered by the deer-fence, water and the irrigation system, communal tools, port-a-john, Education Pavilion, benches, compost, discounted monthly workshops, and a great community to grow and learn with!
Please note square foot calculations are approximate and are not necessarily all rectangles.
- Full Plot (approx. 150 sf) - $75 +2 hours/month of volunteer time
- Half Plot (approx. 75 sf) - $37 +2 hours/month of volunteer time
- Double Plot (approx. 300 sf) - $150 +2 hours/month of volunteer time
- Plot Scholarship - 2 hours/month of volunteer time
- Work Trade - 2 hours/month of volunteer time + 10 additional hours for each 75-150 sf plot
We have a limited number of scholarships available, you can also elect to fulfill your membership dues with a Work Trade.
If you choose to do a Work Trade, in addition to the required 2 hours per month, you will be required to commit to 10 hours for each 75-150 sf plot your have. E.g. if you have two (2) 150 sf plots and elect to use this option you will need to contribute 20 hours in addition to the 2 hours a month over the course of the season. Find out more about the Team-Based Model.
All monies go towards the garden's projects, maintenance, and management.
Registration will direct you through a series of pages, ending with the donation for your plot. Please make sure you complete all steps.
- Basic Info (this page)
- Bylaws & Waiver
- Plot Request
- Membership Options (size of plot and due options)
Basic InfoSign up