The 2018 Volunteer Opportunities flyer is out! This is a quick overview of the opportunities we have to offer.
Here is a more detailed look into the different programs and opportunities at The Garden Project:
Ohana Kuleana Community Garden Workdays: Third Saturday of month. May - October from 9:00 - 11:00am at the Ohana Kuleana Community Garden. Location: 564 East 30th Street.
Ohana Kuleana Community Garden Workdays With Marye: Monday after third Saturday of month. May - October from 5:00 - 7:00pm at the Ohana Kuleana Community Garden. Location: 564 East 30th Street.
Farmers Market Info Booth: Seasonal at the Durango Farmers Market. Saturdays starting May 12 from 8am - 12pm in the First National Bank of Durango parking lot. Location: 259 West 9th Street.
- Garden Project Board Member: Apply Now! We are looking for interested community members that have skills in fundraising, community organizing, or growing The Garden Project. Email Sandhya@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org to start the discussion!
Ohana Kuleana Community Garden (OKCG) driving directions: (Coming from Main Ave.) Turn onto E 32nd, take the first right after crossing over the river, take a left on E 30th Street, drive until it dead ends at 6th Avenue. The Garden will be on your right up the gravel drive.
*Email info@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org for general inquiries and questions about community volunteering/event opportunities.
Food For Everyone:
Manna Garden Workdays: Wednesday mornings. March 28 - October 31 from 9:00 - 11:00am at the Manna Soup Kitchen Garden. Location: 1100 Avenida Del Sol.
- Produce Donation Pick-ups: Periodically in the Summer at the Manna Soup Kitchen Garden. Email Brooke@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org for more information. Location: 1100 Avenida Del Sol.
- Manna Market Free Produce Stand: Wednesday evenings 4:30 - 6:00pm. June - October, exact dates TBD. Location: 1100 Avenida Del Sol.
- Cooking Matters Babysitting: Thursday Evenings, July & August. Exact dates and times TBD. Location: 1100 Avenida Del Sol.
*Email Brooke@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org for general inquiries and questions about food insecurity volunteering opportunities.
- Dirt Club After school Program Monday - Wednesday April 17 - May 22. Mondays at Needham Elementary: 1:30-3:00pm, Needham is at 2425 West 3rd Avenue. Tuesdays at Riverview Elementary: 3:00 - 4:30pm, Riverview is at 2900 Mesa Avenue. Wednesdays at Park Elementary: 3:00 - 4:30pm, Park is at 510 East 6th Avenue.
- Farmer Days Helping plant spring crops with classes at Animas Valley Elementary, Needham Elementary, and Riverview Elementary in May. Exact dates and times TBD. Animas Valley is at 373 Hermosa Road, Needham is at 2425 West 3rd Avenue, Riverview is at 2900 Mesa Avenue.
- Jr. Gardeners Summer Camp Monday - Friday 8:30 - 3:30pm at Needham Elementary. Three camps: June 18 - 22, July 16 - 20, and July 30 - August 3. Needham is at 2425 West 3rd Avenue. *Looking for guest presenters if you have a gardening/environmentally-related skill.
- Roving Garden Crew Volunteering parties that help maintain school gardens over the summer- contact Will@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org for more info and to join Facebook Page.
*Email Will@TheGardenProjectSWColorado.org for general inquiries and questions about school garden volunteering opportunities.