To grow a healthier community through the support and development of school and community garden programs in La Plata County, CO that promote health and wellness, environmental stewardship and a sustainable local food system.
* Jr. Gardeners Summer Camp - Registration Now Open!
* After-School Spring Garden Programs - Register Now!
* Blog - The current news from our gardens & programs!
* AmeriCorps Member - School Garden Coordinator position open for 2017/2018!
* February Newsletter
* 2016 Annual Report
* Bring Garden-Based Science Lessons to your school!
* Education & Events - See what's happening this year!
* Monthly Newsletter - Sign up to receive our monthly newsletter
March 2017 - Shop at Durango Natural Foods during the month of March and RoundUp at the register to support The Garden Project!
Our Top Business Sponsors:
See all business sponsors here
Our Current Grant Sponsors:
Who's itching to get out into the garden? The Garden Project is excited to get the gardening season started early this year! We not only offer a beautiful setting to get outside, but we also focus on making each work day a learning experience for volunteers. Questions about gardening? Bring...
Bringing your inspiration, insights, and ideas back from over the mountains in Denver! Last week Garden Project Staff headed to Denver to figure out how to expand the impact of school and community gardens. Who says work can't be fun? Especially not when you are hanging out with this staff! We...
School Garden Committee awareness and recruitment has begun! We are in the beginning stages of supporting schools with existing garden infrastructure (in use or not) to form school garden committees. These committees are made up of staff, parents, neighbors, local master gardeners - really anybody who has a direct connection...